With over 176,000 members and 78 branches across Canada, the National Association of Federal Retirees is the largest organization of its kind representing retired members of the Public Service, Armed Forces, RCMP and Federal Judiciary. The North Island Branch is one of five on Vancouver Island which are among 15 in British Columbia. We serve some 2,200 members living in an area from Bowser in the south to Port Hardy in the north and from Kyuquot eastwards to the Sunshine Coast.
Our mission is that of the Association: to protect the benefits and promote the interests of retired federal employees.
In pursuit of this mission, we:
- advocate on behalf of all retirees, future retirees and disabled veterans
- promote measures beneficial to our members
- oppose proposals that would be detrimental to our members
- inform and assist members with regard to their benefits
- cooperate with other like-minded organizations
In fulfilling our mission, we:
- lobby elected officials at the local level
- communicate with members through meetings, newsletters and our website
- get answers to questions about pensions, health care plans, long term care and travel insurance
- help survivors deal with the loss of a pensioner
- strengthen the organization through the recruitment and retention of members
- propose changes through resolutions submitted for consideration at the national level
- manage the affairs and finances of the Branch in a professional manner
Become a Member
Do your part to support the Association's mission by becoming a member. Visit the national website or follow the Contact menu to reach a Board member.